Living Simply: The Tiny Shopping Cart is Not Your Friend #SaturdayLaughs

The Tiny Shopping Cart is Not Your Friend #SaturdayLaughs

7:31 PM


This is how it starts out, cute and fun and everyone is happy.  Then it turns ugly and sad and loud. You see, Tubby loves to grab the mini shopping cart when we go to Trader Joe's. I grab a shopping basket and try to keep him from ramming into people and the aisle stands. In between that, I have to negotiate what goes in my basket (yes, he gives me opinions on what I can shop). He also decides that he will grab several items that we don't need or just happen to be near each other. This is after he has to look on the back of them and read the 'ungredients'.
Follow on Bloglovin
The trouble starts when I have to start pulling the shopping cart myself. He hates that and usually will express his displeasure very loudly. As it turns out, I am just the right height that I can bend slightly over and pull it. Lucky me. This usually speeds up our shopping trip immensely. I have to hold him as well, so just picture that comical combination! It is neither a productive nor comfortable position, but it is highly fun for others to watch.

How about you, any fun stories or mishaps with your tot and the infamous tiny shopping cart? It's my turn to laugh now.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 comments

  1. Nice to 'meet' you!

    Stopping by to say hi from the Ultimate Blog Party!

    http://momandmore.com/2013/04/party-with-me-at-the-ultimate-blog-party-2013-ubp13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about Trader Joe's that turns my kids into complete pains in the rump. They listen and are good in every store, we get there and they fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - grocery shopping with a toddler is not for the faint of heart. It is seriously a major human accomplishment.

    Nice to "meet" you!! Thanks for chiming in at www.bethanyo.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Reminds me of my daughter. lol Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think grocery shopping can be hard enough, especially on weekends. I can't imagine having to do it while keeping tabs on a Little One wielding his own cart! Moms and Dads everywhere, you have my sympathy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our TJ's doesn't have those mini carts. My daughter used to love them at another grocery store, though. Very cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, it seems I'm in troubles already. My 2 months old kind of does the same, with less wording :)

    Thanks for linking up back at my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for reminding me why I do all my shopping online ;) !! We know the curse of the mini trolley when we go on holidays though. Last Summer was particularly epic as we holidayed with friends and ended up going shopping with 7 kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little guy is now 6 foot tall so I don't have to do that anymore. I do remember those days. He can carry all the heavy stuff and put it into the car for me now. Maybe he remember all the fun times we had at the store when he was that size.

    I followed on Blog Lovin. I am excited about reading more of your posts.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Let's sit and chat about my adventures with my 2 year old! I'm glad I am not the only one with grocery shopping nightmares. Thanks for sharing! Im stopping b from the Make Me Smile Blog Hop :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha- oh the grocery car and Hayley! Those were the days!!! And this is why I resorted to online shopping-LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the picture...I tried not to take my kids shopping and was glad when our grocery store started staying open until 11 PM. Left the kids at home sound sleep with Dad watching TV and then I did my shopping in peace.

    ReplyDelete