Living Simply: Immunizations to Benefit the World's Children #GetAShot #CollectiveBias #shop

Immunizations to Benefit the World's Children #GetAShot #CollectiveBias #shop

12:48 PM

Disclosure of Material Connections: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetAShot #CollectiveBias Full Disclosure.


Get updates straight to your inbox. Enter your e-mail address below:


Gas stations on every corner, restaurants on every corner, dentists on every corner....Walgreens on every corner!

We take a lot of things for granted here in the United States, the so-called first world. Jump in your car, drive to a store, buy whatever you want. I am no different. I love being able to go to big department stores and browse aisles and aisles of stock and swipe my credit card to purchase, without a second thought.

I know all too well how different life can be. I spent a decade of my life in the third world. I know first hand what it is like to live in a country with no reliable electricity or plumbing, no safe water supply, no dependable food supply. My parents had to go early to the store in hopes of getting bread and sugar on the days it was forecasted to be available. Surprisingly, there was one thing that we could count on, the national initiatives to keep us healthy. All my childhood immunizations were given on time and helped me grow healthy and happy and disease free.

A lot of third world nations are not lucky to have such systems in place to keep their children safe from disease via the common immunizations we have here in the U.S. That is why I am glad that Walgreens is working with the United Nations Shot@Life campaign to give those vulnerable children the chance at a healthy childhood with the Get a Shot, Give a Shot vaccine donation program. For every shot you get, flu shot or other immunization, they will donate one to a child in need around the world. That means Hubby will be contributing too, when he gets his flu shot - hopefully before October 13 - the goal is to donate 3 million vaccines!

I am very thankful to be living in this country now, there is no denying that. We have advantages people in the third world cannot begin to imagine. Thanks to Walgreens and the UN Foundation we can spread our immunization 'wealth' to those who need it most. The Get a Shot Give a Shot program is invaluable. All children should have the same healthy start that we have and often take for granted.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments

  1. Such a great initiative by Walgreens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaccinations are such an important advancement in medicine. I love that Walgreens is participating in such a charitable movement that makes giving back for you and I even easier! #client

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thank you so much for your vaccine posts. It is so important that we all get vaccinated to prevent these diseases becoming a major public health threat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaccinations are so important! We certainly need to keep ours up to date. Your immunization record looks similar to mine - and I was born here in the US! We didn't get the BCG but we did get the Smallpox vax. I try to get my flu shot at Walgreen's to do my part. Caroline

    ReplyDelete