Living Simply: Applegate LESS FAT Good Morning BACON and Healthy Salad {Recipe}

Applegate LESS FAT Good Morning BACON and Healthy Salad {Recipe}

6:00 AM

Disclosure of Material Connections: I received products or services or compensation for this post. Full Disclosure.

Applegate recently debuted a lower fat bacon - Uncured Good Morning Bacon - of course we had to try it. Just so you would know it has been tested out by professionals. I mean, amateurs. But very serious bacon amateurs.

Hubby is a meat lover and bacon is in the top 5. He had be the first one to try it out and cooked some up while I was still asleep. I am just surprised he left me some in the fridge to taste for myself...


The bacon is made from a different part of the pig, hence the lower fat, 60% less! It also produces less grease in the pan because of the lower fat content. I was impressed by the light clean-up from this bacon. I hate having to throw out tons of bacon grease before super washing the pan it was cooked in.





Applegate uses no nitrates or preservatives. With just 4 ingredients, all allergen free, Tubby could sample the uncured bacon. It left quite an impression. He said he wanted bacon for Christmas. I kid you not. And he loves trains!

You can incorporate this ingredient into a healthy lunch or dinner salad. This is a modified version of an original Swedish recipe.

Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds
  • 8 oz. Brussel Sprouts
  • Applegate Bacon
  • Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • Tsp. Sea Salt 
  • Black Pepper (grinder if you have one)
  • 8 oz. Organic Baby Spinach
  • 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds 
[Open and seed pomegranate if you are using fresh.]

Remove stems and outer dry/ripped leaves of brussel sprouts if desired. Cut in half.

Chop bacon into small bits. Fry a few minutes. 

Add the oil and cook brussel sprouts on medium heat. Keep stirring them around so that they get a little soft. Brussel sprouts will get a little brown when they are ready. 

Add salt and (grind) pepper over the sprouts and bacon. 

Remove from heat and add the spinach and pomegranate seeds. Give it a stir and let set a few minutes.

Serve and enjoy!


Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!


Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day earth day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.


You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 comments

  1. Wow, lower fat bacon! I'll have to check this out to see where I can buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this bacon but their sunday bacon is still the best! you can definitely tell this is lower fat- kind of like turkey bacon. it still has a great taste though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love bacon, and love Applegate. I am a bigger fan of the organic Applegate version, but even the natural does not have the nasty nitrites and such. Love recipes that include bacon, it can make even the best dish, that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive tried applegate before, its good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bacon salad is such an appealing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sisters love bacon but since they have severe acne, it is always restricted portions of bacon. So I think I will pass this information on to my sisters! They'll love this product as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband also loves his bacon so this sounds fabulous.. I'm always trying to find healthier options. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for bringing a new product to my attention. I don't eat baconafter reading about how cruelly they are raised, but my 25 year old son loves bacon. This seems like a great alternative so we will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this about Applegate bacon, it sounds great and I like that it has only 4 ingredients, an dthat it is lower fat

    ReplyDelete