Living Simply: Batteries Not Included? Make Sure You #PowertheHolidays @Duracell @SheSpeaksUp

Batteries Not Included? Make Sure You #PowertheHolidays @Duracell @SheSpeaksUp

8:48 PM

Disclosure of Material Connections: Thank you to Duracell for sponsoring this post. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of SheSpeaks and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Full Disclosure.

Oh the joys of toys. 
Some are small and relatively quiet and run on kid power. 

Others are bigger and louder and need batteries. 


That is definitely an aspect of the holidays that some of us would like to avoid...but we can't because then the children would be sad they couldn't use the very toys we gave them. Now how would that work!

You want to keep your children happy and part of that is hearing the noise they and their toys make. Part of the holidays if keeping those toys going with Duracel batteries. I remember the first time a battery-run toy was part of our family. It was a long time ago, when Teddy Ruxpin was the It Toy. My sister wanted it and got it. That bear sang and talked to no end. Until the batteries ran out and my parents didn't replace them.

Now a days it is much easier to keep the music and sounds going on the many, many toys that seem to occupy our children's rooms and wishlists. Multi-packs are available nearby and are a necessity of most households. When the holidays come around, it is also a good stocking stuffer to include a few batteries just in case the ones the toy come with don't work for long.

If you're a really good boy or girl, your wishes will come true. And you'll be happy that Duracell can help those toys and games keep going strong for a long time. Be sure to add batteries to your wish list to make it complete!

Connect with Duracell: Purchase ~ Facebook


Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!



Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day earth day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.


You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

19 comments

  1. This is my daughters first Christmas so I will have to be sure to remember to get batteries too for her toys :) Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my daughters first Christmas. It didn't even cross my mind to get batteries for all her new toys. Thank you for the wonderful reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my oldest is ten, there are still years that i forget the batteries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope I don't give them as a gift--don't have a lot of battery powered toys around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't give them as a gift but we do make sure we are fully stocked with multi packs ready for Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No don't have any battery powered toy yet (and I would like it to stay that way...we will see)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always give batteries when we give toys that need them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder. I have to get batteries for his toys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Batteries is something I buy weekly here, we go through so many of them for kids toys to their controllers for games. Great reminder for many

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I buy something for one of the kids I check and give the correct battery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason I always forget to get enough batteries than needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These would be a great stocking stuffer. I am guilty of not always remembering to get batteries to go with new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't give them as a gift, just make sure we have them already in the battery drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Batteries are always included if needed in the gifts that I give.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! If I buy a gift that needs batteries, I always include the correct batteries with it. Otherwise, I make sure I have the type needed on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't gifted batteries but it's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We buy toys that Don't need batteries.... just imagination :) to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anytime I give a child a gift that requires batteries, I always include them with the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, we do batteries. I just bought about 16 packs last week. I was about to have rebates on them so I will get $4 a pack back!!

    ReplyDelete