Living Simply: Lunette Cup for Nicer Periods #gogreen #wastefree #liveclean

Lunette Cup for Nicer Periods #gogreen #wastefree #liveclean

7:26 PM



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Get updates straight to your inbox. Enter your e-mail address below:


A lot of things change when you have a baby. or two.

Seriously,  whether you have one or several babies, many things change in your life and your body. Some you know about from friends or the interweb (...which is full of useful information if you can find it...) or family or random people while you are shopping. That has happened to me. But I digress. One thing that changed for me was the how I handled my period. Before my first baby, I used tampons all the time. Jump to after birth, and I could only use pads. I was not happy but I adjusted. I found out about cloth pads and started my newest cloth obsession.

Then I found out about menstrual cups. I was really curious. I had to use one. Or two. I tried out the size suggested for me but realized that every menstrual cup is different: different shape, different thickness, different length, etc. I was not happy with the ones I had for some reason or another. Then to throw things into more chaos, I had another baby. I am not talking about my house (although that is a complete mess with two kids, honest confession) but my body. I had changed shape again. I felt different, like everything was shorter, lower and looser.


When my period came back, I resorted to my pad stash. Enter Lunette, a Finnish menstrual cup company. They came to my rescue and offered both sizes of their medical-grade silicone cups to try out. I didn't know which size would fit and feel comfortable and work for my new insides. Lunette does have a chart that helps you to choose the correct cup, Size 1 or Size 2. I think most women would fit into a category fairly well, but I did not.


The cups are only slightly different in terms of measurements but the thickness of the silicone is what made the difference for me. At least, the thickness made the folding and inserting easier and more comfortable for me. Size 1 fit better for me than Size 2. I think that having a shorter/lower vagina has something to do with it. I am pretty sure that kegels would help that; and I plan on doing those at some point in time. Women have multiple babies without their insides falling out, right?

I found that the standard "U fold" suggested by most cups was not my friend so I researched and found a different one. I use the "Tulip fold". It is a two step process that forms a more pointed insertion top and a quickly unfolding cup.

I tried my hand at some pics. I hope this helps. This fold helped me realize that using the cup didn't have to be a daunting task. I was excited to find that it could be inserted more smoothly in a different way. That meant wearing period protection for long hours without worrying about leaking or smells. Cups are better than cloth pads since clean up is a breeze. Just wash and air dry then store in the included pouch for next month! If you can't live Earth Day every day, then do it every month, thanks to Lunette.


Connect with Lunette: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram



Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!


About the Author: Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day earth day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 comments

  1. lunnette is great! I love using a cup. Im not sure which fold i do though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Lunette cup!! Never going back to pads or tampons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose the blue. Love to win a blue Lunette Cup. I have used cups before, but just recently. So I'm still learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the seven fold works for me the most. I'll make sure to try the tulip fold this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my menstrual cup! The C-fold is not my friend either. I have the most luck with the triangle fold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to try out that fold with a Lunette Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a variation of the tulip fold. The C fold doesn't work well for me either. I soooo love my lunette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This menstrual cup looks great! I love that it come in different colors. I don't know which fold or size would work for me but I like that there are several options.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lunette is an amazing company with great products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking into these for a while now. Thanks for the review. It is helping me decide which path to go. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried using a menstrual cup. This is all very helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my menstrual cup. I have never hear of a tulip fold. Definitely something to try out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive been wanting to try one for the longest time!! I am totally worried about size and shape tho!! I wish they had like a try me one lol... not for permanent use but just for fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! I've been wanting to try one of these so I appreciate all the reviews I've seen on them. It seems like it takes time to figure out size/etc but in the end I think most people are happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been considering trying one of these but it seems so daunting! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete