Living Simply: Quick Easy & Cheap Dr. Seuss Treat Bags #DIY #crafts #kids #parties

Quick Easy & Cheap Dr. Seuss Treat Bags #DIY #crafts #kids #parties

5:55 PM


We love Dr. Seuss around here so I thought it was the perfect theme for some birthday treat bags for Tubby's classmates. Plus, I happened by the Target Dollar Spot (which my sister introduced me to and now I can't stop myself from browsing every time I go there...but that is another story!) and saw that they had some fun Dr. Seuss school supplies that I could buy in bulk for the class of 20 and not have to spend a fortune. I also love the idea of giving things that can be useful and/or reused so that it is not just some little plastic cheapie toy that doesn't work or breaks and gets lost.


You will need just a few supplies.
1. Treat Bags - I chose clear so that the fun coordinating pictures and colors could be seen. These are also from Target party section.
2. Bag fillers - Pencils and erasers with my theme. I also picked up multi-pack of pencil sharpeners at the dollar store next door to complete the school supply theme.
3. Bag closers - We have a stockpile of  twist ties. I am sure you do too, the ones that come with the garbage bags that no one uses. :)


That is it! Open the packages and lay out your bags. Fill one at a time or like an assembly line: everyone gets a pencil, everyone gets a pencil sharpener, everyone gets an eraser! Finish up with twist ties to close. These are way easier then cutting ribbon and sitting tieing the slippery treat bags while trying to hold them still.

I also included a little note about celebrating with Dr. Seuss because he is a favorite author. The note was written in both English and Spanish since a lot of the students are bilingual. I wanted everyone to be able to share our enjoyment of the theme.
Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!


Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day earth day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments