Living Simply: #EarthMonth FIND: Coco Joy Pure Coconut Water #cocojoy #foodie

#EarthMonth FIND: Coco Joy Pure Coconut Water #cocojoy #foodie

8:35 PM

naked juice, best coconut water, coco joy



I come from a tropical country where coconuts grow everywhere. You'll find someone selling coconut water there as often as you'll find a fast food drive through here. I can remember tasting it as a youngster, straight out of the coconut. It was cut open by the vendor and given to us in the shell, its own "cup". There is nothing better than coconut water fresh from the fruit (is it a fruit?).

Coco Joy coconut water is nearly the best you can get without actually paying huge amounts of money to fly somewhere tropical to taste it fresh off the tree. It tastes remarkably raw despite being in a metal can. I have tried previous coconut water varieties that come in tetra paks and cans and liked none of them. There always seemed to be some sort of synthetic taste mixed in from the packaging. Coco Joy harbors none of that artificial taste to mar the true coconut water flavor.

This coconut water is also from only young coconuts. I can't say I know the difference between young and old coconut water taste, but this variety definitely tastes different from my other favorite raw coconut water. I decided to let some old Guyanese give these cans a taste test: my parents and grandpa weighted in on the authenticity of Coco Joy's claim. To quote: "This tastes like the oil was added. There must not be very young coconuts but aging ones as well."

I can see where they are coming from, as people who lived the true taste difference in coconut water based on how old they were when harvested, but in all honesty, I loved the taste nonetheless. Your average Westerner will not know that these are not purely very young coconuts that gave up their juice to make us thirsty drinkers sated. The coconut water is real and contains no additives or flavor enhancers, or anything artificial to mar the taste and nutrition.

I highly recommend this brand. It doesn't need any special care to take with you, just grab a can for your errands or a six pack for your next road trip.
Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!



Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day Earth Day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

23 comments

  1. CoConut water has really become a big deal. I guess I need to give it A try

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of the taste, but... I put it in my morning smoothie and get the nutrients. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my grandmother coming to visit and she would always bring us coconuts and sugar canes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coconut water! How cool to live in a place where coconuts are just everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Coconut water, but they aren't all the same. This one sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep trying, but still don't like coconut water.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you; the real taste of green coconut water is hard to find on the market. I spent a semester living in Costa Rica, and we would cut down a green coconut and sip the water on our way to and from classes each day. While I like the taste of mature coconut, and coconut oil ect. if I'm sipping a product called coconut water, I would hope it only has the refreshing flavor of true green coconut. There is just something different about it that instantly makes me feel more refreshed and reminds me of Costa Rica :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not tried this brand and I will have to look for it, thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not tried this brand yet!! I do love coconut water tho!! You are so lucky to have experienced it right out of the fruit!! We don't have many palm trees in Wisconsin lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always thought coconut water (and milk) was just a fad, but it really does work great in recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the taste of coconut so this water should be great

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot about coconut water. I've always wanted to try it, but I've always been hesitant because I was fearful of that artificial taste you speak of in your article. Now that I know Coco Joy doesn't have that issue, I'll be more willing to try it! Thanks for sharing with us...I bet you could make all kinds of yummy recipes with this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks really tasty! I've never tried coconut water before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. I ordered some at a discount price. I wouldn't share, I can't find it around here but it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never had Coconut water but this sounds very good I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perhaps I could try it in a smoothie, but not plain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use coconut oil but have not ventured into drinking/using coconut water. Perhaps it's time?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never tried this brand, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually love the taste of cconut water. I dont get to have it often because it is a bit pricey but this looks so good. I figured it was good for you but didnt know how good
    ellen beck

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't seen this brand, but I will look for it per your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear that this water is so healthy for you. It has a lot of electrolytes.

    ReplyDelete