Living Simply: Little Gestalten: Beautiful Books to Fill Little Minds #readallthebooks

Little Gestalten: Beautiful Books to Fill Little Minds #readallthebooks

6:00 AM




I think my book collecting (or hoarding, if you ask Hubby) has had a positive impact on Tubby. He loves to browse the book stalls with me and often asks to buy the ones he picks, which can be a variety of different styles of illustration, story theme, known and unknown characters, he doesn't discriminate! Lucky for him, Little Gestalten brought into his life a set of unique story books which explore different themes, old and new, in interesting ways. He loved exploring the books one after the other. He's meticulous like that.



His favorite was hands-down the cut-out, fold-out Little Red Riding Hood. Neither of us has seen such a fancy presentation of an ages-old story before. The vignettes are black and white scenes of paper cut-outs. It is delicate. I recommend not keeping it stacked with other books but rather as a piece on display, on a stand by itself or just facing out so that the cut-out pieces don't get knocked into or broken off. This book is precious. It is a work of art.

"From Atticus, the altruistic astronaut, to Zooey, the zonked zombie, this book revamps the ABCs."

Alphabetics is all about taking those boring ABCs we all know and making them new and memorable with alliteration. You have never heard or seen the English alphabet used quite like this before. Your child will learn the alphabet and you might just learn a few new words.


"In a very poetic way, Elsa and the Night tells the story of an extraordinary friendship."


Elsa the Night is a bedtime story like no other. It doesn't have to be night to enjoy this story. Elsa strikes up a unique friendship with 'night'. Elsa isn't an ordinary girl and night isn't just that darkness we see before bed, it takes care of Elsa when she needs it. 

"From Atticus, the altruistic astronaut, to Zooey, the zonked zombie, this book revamps the ABCs."

Issun Boshi: the One Inch Boy  is a Japanese fairy tale. I have not heard of this one before but it reminds me of Thumbelina, sort of, being about a tiny person who goes on some adventures. Issun Boshi is the miracle child of an old couple. He makes his way in the world to find his right place.



"...even the youngest children can playfully learn their ABCs, the names of animals, and how to count."

The Zoo's Grand Opening is all about numbers and letters and lots and lots of animals. It is not at all infantile to look at, the illustrations are amazing. My son, who knows his numbers and letters all very well, was enthralled by this book.




Connect with Little Gestalten: website | facebook | twitter | pinterest

****at time of posting, the books were all out on LG but they were available on amazon****
Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!


Christine is a multi-cultural mama living in a bilingual household with her husband and two children. Before entering the blogging world, she worked in the corporate world. She currently spends her days exploring and learning with her children while trying to make every day earth day. Her dream is to retire in the sunshine of a pristine New Zealand shore.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 comments

  1. These books are so lovely. I want to win and donate them to needy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've heard of Usborne Books, but never Little Gestalten. These books are so adorable, and I love one of the books that you posted about, Issun Boushi. Both I and my sister-in-law love Japanese lore for the kids, and that would be a perfect book to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Usborne books, I have bought several. My four year old is autistic and she taught herself to read at age 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theses books look real nice for kids to read

      Delete
  4. What great learning books and thank you for sharing these with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would be perfect for my grandson, he loves reading! Great review, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cut out and fold one looks super fun and so gorgeous!! Alphabetics looks so fabulous as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This should be as "Amber Ludwig" I totally forgot to change my login lol

      Delete
  7. I gave these Little Gestalten story books to my 2 granddaughters (sisters) last Christmas. They really enjoy reading them over and over. They are excellent books with beautiful illustrations and captivating stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books look amazing! Thank you for sharing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bailey Dexter What a great book collection! I always pick up books for the grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how they can feel the book as they look at it and read it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these books they are really nice.The Red Hiding Hood is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look like such fun books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how different these books are. My family loves books and I think these would be a great edition to our library.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these, I wonder how come I havn't seen these types of book around, This is such an awesome way to read and explore.
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete